“Good Bye Charlie”
Season 4, Episode 20
Good Bye Charlie (also known as Good Luck Teddy) is the 20th episode of the fourth season and the 97th episode of Good Luck Charlie overall. It is also the series finale. It was filmed from July 10, 2013 to July 15, 2013. The episode aired on February 16, 2014 to 4.6 million viewers.
Plot A: Teddy is leaving for college in a few days. She is trying to shoot her final video diary for Charlie, but is struggling. Meanwhile, Bob finds out Spencer has been in town all summer, and Teddy asks Bob to invite Spencer to the party. Spencer shows up to the party, and the two slowly become friends again. Spencer then goes over to Teddy's house to grab his jacket, but he kisses her and they decide to finally get back together. Teddy then shoots her final video diary, then heads off to Yale.
Plot B: P.J. must find a job. After being denied from many restaurants, P.J.'s old friend Gravy from college offers him a job at his new food truck "The Gravy Boat". After Gravy realizes that the Gravy idea was bad, he leaves the food truck in P.J.'s hands. P.J. has Bob help him get the food truck started with the idea. The two partner together to make "PJ & B's PB & J's". Even though Bob disagrees with the Peanut Butter and Jelly idea, he realized that P.J.'s sandwiches are amazing, and the two of them create a successful business together.
Plot C: A new family with a 10 year old son, Matt, is moving in next door to Mrs. Dabney. Lauren tricks Gabe into convincing Matt to leave Mrs. Dabney alone. However, Matt doesn't listen to Gabe, and super glues Mrs. Dabney to her lawn chair. Mrs. Dabney and Gabe come up with a plan to convince the family not to move in, by creating a fake marching band with everyone at Teddy's party. Gabe tells Mrs. Dabney that his mischievous days are over, leaving Mrs. Dabney celebrating however she begins to realize that when Toby grows up as a child he will prank her in the near future thinking that he is another "Devil child".
Plot D: When a spot on "Good Morning Denver" is open, Amy tries to audition for the job. She spends the next week thinking and preparing for her audition. On the day of her audition, she screws up and forgets what to say since she is so nervous. However, Charlie calls Amy during the show, telling her that she still loves her even though she is bad, giving her the spot on Good Morning Denver, finally making her "famous".
At the end of the episode they show the good luck charlie clips from all the seasons 1 2 3 and 4 episodes to show all the viewers the goodtimess the cast had.
Good Luck, Charlie
Teddy: Well Charlie, I guess this is it. (sighs) You know, I started making these video diaries to help you survive our...crazy family, and...after four years of doing them, I've realized how lucky we are to be a part of this family. And just know, that...as long as you've got us, you always will have. Come on, guys, say it with me.
Everyone: Good Luck, Charlie!
- Bridgit Mendler as Teddy Duncan
- Leigh-Allyn Baker as Amy Duncan
- Bradley Steven Perry as Gabe Duncan
- Mia Talerico as Charlie Duncan
- Eric Allan Kramer as Bob Duncan
- Jason Dolley as PJ Duncan
- Logan Moreau as Toby Duncan
- Rio Mangini as Matt
- Unknown as Phil
- Unknown as Rhonda
- Samantha Boscarino as Skyler
- Cyrina Fiallo as Vonnie
- Shane Harper as Spencer Walsh
- Patricia Belcher as Estelle Dabney
- Kevin Covais as Victor Deleseur
- Micah Williams as Emmett Heglin
- This episode was named "Good Luck Teddy" during writing and filming stages of development.
- This episode will be two parts long, according to the script.
- Guests at Teddy's party include:
- Victor Deleseur
- Spencer Walsh
- This is the final episode of the series.
- Teddy and Spencer perform "Your Song" by Elton John.
- In this episode everyone says Good Luck Charlie, including Charlie.
- Each character has an happy ending, Teddy goes to college, PJ and Bob start a food truck together, Amy gets to be on T.V. host on Good Morning Denver, Gabe matures from his mischievous days, though passes his mantle to Toby, and Charlie gets a bunch of helpful video diaries for her future.
- Teddy and Spencer kiss then get back together before parting ways.
- Amy becomes the new co-host of Good Morning Denver.
- This is the only episode to have all recurring characters (except for Ivy and her parents) on it.
- This is the first mention of Beau since he left for Tennessee.
- Bob's giant bug from the first episode, ''Study Date'' returns.
- This episode will be on the Good Luck Charlie: So Long, Farewell DVD
- When Bob went back to the yogurt shop to invite Spencer to Teddy's going away party, he orders a chocolate frozen yogurt with sprinkles. But, if you pay attention, Spencer gives him a vanilla frozen yogurt.
- In Rat-A-Teddy, Vonnie seems attracted to Emmett, who obviously likes her to but think they gave each other "the look". But while Teddy and Spencer sing, Emmett pretends to yawn and puts his arm around her, who in return gives him a look, implying that she may be over her previous feelings for him
- At the end, Toby is not present when the whole family says “Good Luck Charlie”.
end credits the best bits of good luck Charlie right from the start are shown
- Good Luck Charlie: Good Bye Charlie (Zap2It)