"Welcome to the dark side. We've been expecting you."
Gabriel "Gabe" B. Duncan is the middle/third child of the 5 Duncan kids. Gabe is used to being the baby of the family and envies Charlie at first, but now not as much. He strives to fit in as one of the "cool" kids. As a 14-year-old, Gabe doesn't really envy Toby as much. He is dating Lauren Dabney, Mrs. Dabney's grandson. It's possible he will marry Lauren in the future and have Gabe Jr.
Gabe is known for being a troublemaker, sarcastic at most times, apparently lazy, and insults his parents and his siblings, but he can be a crybaby sometimes. He's very smart. But he is also known as a cunning and determined. In one episode, Gabe was "in love" with a girl from school and even tricked her parents so they could be together. He always tricks PJ into things. Gabe is a troublemaker, but there is a brighter side of him. Despite his usual troublemaking and pranking, it is shown in Sun Show, Part One and Part Two that Gabe is capable of doing good things. This is shown when he promises in the helicopter crash that, if Jesus let him live, he would do something good. Immediately, the helicopter pilot, after being in a narcoleptic episode, wakes up and takes control of the plane. Gabe also has a sort of Machievian side to his personality, known to switch sides, and joining anyone if he felt it could benefit him, for example, one occasion he gave his mother the information she required to spy on PJ, then sold PJ the knowledge that his mother was spying on him. In another, he told his mother and Mary Lou Wentz how the girls tricked them, and encouraged them to go after them, only then to warn the girls, so both of them would owe her a favor. In Season 3 he is into a lot of girls and has a lot more crushes. He is described as sharp as a tack by her Dad (Bob).
Personal lifeHe is also a member of a basketball team that his dad Bob Duncan coaches, and even through his negative reputation at school Gabe was voted class president ("Duncan's Got Talent"). He worked well with Jo on their volcano science project.
Gabe often makes fun of her parent's age and weight. Once when Gabe was not allowed to make fun of Bob's weight for a week, Bob concluded that that's never going to work. Gabe wrote many fat jokes about Bob in a week, which Amy liked. Gabe still loves Bob anyway (“Gabe's 12-½ Birthday”). He apparently tricks Bob into doing his projects and doesn't like the fact he's losing weight.
Gabe relies on Amy to do tidiness work for him. Gabe often calls her to get the door, and once, implies that she makes his bed every morning ("The Curious Case of Mr. Dabney", "Duncan vs. Duncan"). The two do get along in other ways, as they have similar personality traits, Gabe told Amy that she must get her evil genes from somewhere, Gabe was scared of Amy in (Up a Tree) but isn't anymore. When Gabe helps Amy spy on PJ's buddy page, Buddybop, Gabe loves Amy and seems to be more of a mommy's little boy. Gabe is also known to let Amy know when Teddy or PJ are up to mischief.
- Main article: Gabe and Charlie's relationship
Gabe and Charlie have an interesting relationship. Initially, Gabe hated Charlie as she stole his spotlight as the youngest child. Slowly, he began to like her more, especially after she threw up on Teddy. Since then, Gabe has started to like Charlie more and more. Although, he refuses to play with her in several episodes, and never wants to look after her. However, this is just siblings being siblings. Deep down, Gabe really does love and care about his little sister. This is shown in an episode, where Gabe offends Charlie and she overhears. Gabe then wears baby clothes and sits in a pram to make her happy. Gabe still thinks Charlie takes away the focus from him and 'ruined his life' as he tells Charlie about before Toby is born. Charlie seems OK with her brother, but she gets mad at him occasionally and sometimes tells on him like when she tells Bob Gabe stole his can in "Can You Keep a Secret?" Also in one episode Gabe chooses Charlie to sleep with him because she was scared after watching a clown horror movie (similar to American Horror Story) where a boy goes into another dimension through the closet. In Seasons 3 and 4, they get along and Gabe loves Charlie more and spends more time with her in those 2 seasons.
It is known that he takes pictures of Teddy's activities with her boyfriends to embarrass her in front of her schoolmates ("Meet the Parents"). Gabe helped Ivy come up with the nickname GG (goody goody) because Teddy is well behaved at school. Charlie walks in and calls her GG ("Ditch Day"). Even though Gabe can be rude somehow she seems to turn out good at the end.
It seems that a 14-year-old boy named Gabe will have a better relationship with Toby than he did with Charlie when she was a baby. It was seen that before he was born, he said he wanted a baby brother to pick on. When it became known that he was indeed a boy, Gabe was excited, and his mood was even better when it was revealed that his name was Toby, the name he suggested for him in Name That Baby. He suggested that name because it's "cool". He also starts his own video diary for him based after Good Luck Charlie that he calls "Good Fortune Toby". In Baby Steps when Toby was flying, he yelled, "Nooooo!". Also, in a lot of occasions Gabe almost agrees to things that he doesn't want to, because he's influenced by Toby's adorable face, as in All Fall Down when Amy was telling Gabe that Toby is moving into his room he said no, but looked at Toby and said "oh" as how cute Toby was but then says "Stop that Gabe, stay strong!" to himself so he does fall for Toby adorableness.
Gabe does somewhat love PJ, but often manipulates him to help him get money and do work for him. Gabe is very close to PJ, although he makes fun of him a lot for not being "very thinky" (because Amy won't let her call PJ "stupid").
Gabe and Jo are frenemies. They have a relationship that is very complex. Having romantic feelings yet also several times of hatred. It is unknown what they currently consider there relationship to be. However, since Jo no longer appears on the show, it's unknown.
Emma is a girl Gabe starts dating in Team Mom. Gabe believes that her father, Randy, and Bob are best friends, but Bob confesses that he does not like Randy because he is way too clingy and has horrible manners. They get into an argument and, eventually, Emma breaks up with her, but Gabe does not seem to mind at all.
The two have a strong rivalry, Gabe delights in pranking, tricking and generally annoying Mrs. Dabney, while Mrs. Dabney openly shows distain and dislike for Gabe. It's mentioned in one story that Gabe is the reason Mrs. Dabney is mean and grumpy. He was currently in a relationship Mrs. Dabney's grand-daughter Lauren and Gabe never kissed.
- Gabe's age has been a discrepancy in the show's continuity. While it is known that all characters develop and age in the same time as the real world, Gabe has been referred as 10 and in first grade at the beginning of Season 1 ("The Curious Case of Mr. Dabney", "Dance Off") and 11 in November ("Teddy Rebounds"), Gabe is in second grade ("Teddy's Bear") and even an entire episode on his 12-½ birthday ("Gabe's 12-½ Birthday"). It is mentioned that Gabe is 13 in Season 3 in episodes, Name That Baby (when Amy said he's 13), Wentz's Weather Girls (when he said since he's 13 he doesn't need help from his mom) ", "Welcome Home" (when he told PJ , "Don't rush me, I'm not 12 anymore!") and Special Delivery when Jake said "We're pre-teens now, we're supposed to be rebels!") In Duncan Dream House, he mentions that he is 14.
- Gabe has an e-mail account ("Charlie is 2!").
- Gabe is ticklish ("Futuredrama")
- His online account on the video hosting site is called "Gabe D." ("Charlie Goes Viral").
- He has a history of watching scary movies ("Sleepless in Denver").
- The teenage Gabe and Toby are the only kids in the family with brown hair. The rest of the family is blonde; nobody knows why this is.
- Gabe has had two friends on screen who have appeared at least once on the ABC sitcom Modern Family, Rico Rodriguez and Sasha Gould.
- He seems to be very good at manipulating people ("Appy Days").
- Beginning in Season 3 and halfway through Season 2 ("Ditch Day"). Gabe's voice got deeper. This is similar to Maxine/Max Russo from Wizards of Waverly Place. Gabe's voice was higher in the first two seasons, but in the third, Gabe's voice was beginning to change.
- He is the exact middle kid, after the episode Special Delivery. Before the events of that episode, he and Teddy were the middle children.
- In Seasons 3 and 4, he has a lot of crushes and girlfriends.
- He is into Pokeo (based off Pokemon) a fantasy card game. (A L.A.R.P in the Park)
- Gabe makes a video diary for Toby (Wentz's Weather Girls).
- He is the worst of the Duncan Kids.
- It is shown in Rat-A-Teddy that he is dating Lauren.
- According to The Unusual Suspects, Gabe goes to Thomas Jefferson Middle School.
- Gabe is entering High School since he is 15 years old, and it is revealed in a few episodes he is in 8th grade, the last year of middle school.
- He loves video games.
- He has told 300 lies (Charlie 4, Toby 1)
- He usually uses Charlie and Toby for his own benefits to prevent him from getting in trouble
- He actually loves Charlie, as he began being nice to her and more loving in Season 3 and Season 4; this is because Gabe is growing up and learning to appreciate his younger siblings.
- It is said several times in the series that Charlie and Toby were unplanned, but in the episode Make Room For Baby it is revealed Gabe was unplanned as well.
- He shares the same birthday as his actor, Bradley Steven Perry; November 23. (Study Date)
- Gabe is known to have a beautiful smile.
The image gallery for Gabe Duncan.
He is a Sagittarius.