Ten years in the future, 14-year-old Charlie watches a video diary Teddy made about a fight she had with Gabe, in hopes it will guide her through her fight with 11-year-old Toby Duncan. Meanwhile, in the present, Teddy gives Gabe bad advice about his relationship with Lauren that causes them to break up. Also, after discovering that their cars were getting soaped, the neighbors of the Duncans try to catch the suspect.
The following is revealed about the future of Good Luck Charlie.
- What Bob, Amy, Toby, and Charlie look like ten years later.
- Gabe has a kid named Gabe. Jr and has problems with him.
- Charlie does use Teddy's video diaries for help.
- Toby is the first child that is nice to his Dad.
- Amy becomes non-tech savvy.
- Bob is growing muttonchops.
- The year would be 2024.
- Bridget Mendler as Teddy Duncan
- Leigh-Allyn Baker as Amy Duncan
- Bradley Steven Perry as Gabe Duncan
- Mia Talerico as Charlie Duncan
- Logan Moreau as Toby Duncan
- Eric Allan Kramer as Bob Duncan
- Jason Dolley as PJ Duncan
- Ericka Kreutz as Debbie Dooley
- Dan Desmond as Bert Dugan
- Jaylen Barron as Lauren Dabney
- Patricia Belcher as Estelle Dabney
- Ava Sambrura as Future Charlie Duncan
- Stone Eisenmann as Future Toby Duncan
- Susan Ruttan as Mrs. Dobbs
- Someone asking Teddy, "Was that a good idea?" and then her replying shamefully, "Nope"
Good Luck, Charlie
Teen Charlie: I really have to watch these to the very end. It's not over till she says,
Teddy: Good luck, Charlie.
- This is the 1st time that the Good Luck Charlie future is officially shown. It was seen in Take Mel Out to the Ball Game as a ending credits goof, and in Snow Show, Part Two, Bye Bye Video Diary, and T. Wrecks as dreams.
- This also showed officially that Charlie will use the video diaries as a way to get advice on how to deal with her life, including her brother Toby.
- This episode earned approx. 3.4 million views on its premiere night, making it tied with Rat-A-Teddy the third most watched episode of Season 4.
- The episode title may be a spoof of the cartoon "Futurama"
- It is revealed that the Duncan's live on Edgewood Drive
- This means that Mrs. Dabney's house is 356 Edgewood Drive.
- This episode is on the Good Luck Charlie: So Long, Farewell DVD
Charlie 4, Toby 1
Teddy's New Beau